- Technical Advisory
- OSAAP TPIO Google Site (NOAA login)
Low-Earth Orbit Requirements Working Group (LORWG)
The Low-Earth Orbiting Requirements Working Group (LORWG) is a working group of the NOAA Observing System Council (NOSC) established to identify and represent NOAA user observational requirements, which have been allocated to low-Earth orbiting satellite systems.
The LORWG Chairs are the JPSS NOAA Program Scientist and non-JPSS Satellite Product Manager, supported by voting members from NOAA Line Offices, and multiple advisors.
Primary functions of the LORWG are to:
- Serve as the primary focal point for all NOAA Line Office low-Earth orbiting satellite observational requirements.
- Develop NOAA inputs to low-Earth orbiting satellite systems’ requirements documents and coordinate them within NOAA.
- Prepare user impact assessments responding to low-Earth orbiting satellite technical program changes that could impact system requirement satisfaction.
- Review and recommend changes to low-Earth orbiting satellites requirements documents.