- Technical Advisory
- Requirements & Observing System Information
Geostationary Earth-Orbiting Satellite Operational Requirements Working Group (GORWG)
The Geostationary Earth-Orbiting Satellite Operational Requirements Working Group (GORWG) is a working group of the NOAA Observing System Council (NOSC) established to identify and represent NOAA and Non-NOAA geostationary user observational requirements. Primary functions of the GORWG are"
- Serve as the primary focal point for geostationary satellite observational requirements.
- Develop NOAA inputs to the appropriate geostationary satellite systems’ requirements documents and coordinate them within NOAA.
- Prepare user impact assessments responding to geostationary satellite technical and programmatic changes that could impact NOAA Line Office requirement satisfaction.
- Review and recommend changes to geostationary satellites Requirements Documents.