- Where would you like to go?
- EDMC Home
- EDMC TOR
- Monthly EDMC Meetings
- Annual EDM Workshop
- EDMC Membership List
- Contact Us
- Documents and Resources
- EDM Framework
- Procedural Directives
- Recommended Practices
- EDM Wiki
- EDM Dashboard
- EDM Reports to Congress
- NAO 212-15
- Data Management Committee Archive
- For more about our partners
- NOSC: NOAA Observing Systems Council
- OSC: Observing Systems Committee
- DMIT: Data Mgt Integration Team
- NOAA BEDI WG: Big Earth Data Initiative Working Group
- SAB DAARWG: Data Archive & Access Rqts Working Group
- TPIO: Technology, Planning and Integration for Observation
NOAA Data Documentation Procedural Directive
This is the official download page for the NOAA Data Documentation Procedural Directive, which was first approved by NOAA's Environmental Data Management Committee (EDMC) on October 28, 2011 and revised on November 30, 2016.
The current version of this document is version 2.0.
|Download current version as an Adobe file (pdf)|
|Download currenct version as a Microsoft Word file (doc)|
The EDMC is committed to developing documents, templates, and other resources to assist NOAA Line Offices with the task of implementing NOAA Procedural Directives. These resources are hosted on the NOAA Data Documentation Procedural Directive page of the NOAA EDM Wiki.
Metadata Extension or Waiver Request (NOAA.gov email required)
Sample waiver form
Version 2.0 Approved November 30, 2016 View the transmittal letter
Version 1.0 Approved October 28, 2011 Download the transmittal letter (PDF)